Sunday, November 11, 2018

Let's get back to the boobs

There has been little discussion on here in the recent months about boobs and it seems ironic as this is what got me into this situation in the first place!  So it seems appropriate to bring the boobies back to the discussion.

Since the bilateral mastectomy and the expanders are filled to capacity, my noobs have turned into rock hard missile launcher foobs (fake boobs).  It is pretty incredible how realistic they look with clothes on and I feel confident saying that if you didn't know that I had my breasts removed it would be hard to tell that they are 100% fake...until you try to hug me.  These bad boys are so hard that an over excited hug could leave you with bruises.  No exaggeration folks.  They are the most unnatural "things" you would ever feel.  Reyna will not give me a hug that is in the front of my body, we have to side hug.  In her defense her head hits right at the foob level so she gets a pretty gnarly head slam from them.


This is an actual picture of the type of expander I have inside me.  The picture is the wrong direction but I am too tired to edit it.  My magnet is closer to my armpit than my nipple.  The gray circle is the magnet.  When you go into the doctor's office to have them filled up to stretch your skin they use a device very similar to a stud finder for the wall.  It is rubbed along your skin until it finds the magnet and once it does the device beeps and the doctor stamps your skin to mark the spot.  That is then where they insert the needle to put the saline into the expander.   Really it is fascinating and if you are okay with needles pretty incredible to watch. 

The most common question people ask about the expanders is what they feel like.  How to explain this??  Like I have a pair of bowling balls sitting on my chest, but they aren't heavy like bowling balls just hard...or as if my breast were made out of cement, but again not heavy just hard...oh like glass but less breakable...I don't know how to answer it.  Most of the time if I know the people well enough I just say FEEL THEM!  After feeling how hard they are it often leads to wanting to know if I am in a ton of pain.  Thankfully the answer is no.  One reason is that I have yet to regain sensation in my chest area (I might never regain that) or another reason is that I have a decent pain tolerance.  I am leading to the latter because only one of the fills actually gave me some discomfort.  All of that said I will be so thankful when they come out and that is set to happen this Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

Keep up to date at the new website!! www.her2andyou.com Has all the old blog posts and more.  Can't wait for you to check it out.