Saturday, May 5, 2018

celebration

When you get results like mine you are required to celebrate.  In a world where sugar feeds cancer and more food is genetically modified and altered than isn't, I wasn't sure exactly how or what this celebration was going to look like.  As I was trying to figure out what we could do the doorbell rang.  On my doorstep was a big white box from Oregon.  I assumed that it was something from one of Scott's friends and left it on the table until my dad came home and asked what I got.  Shocked I opened the container and inside was a sweet message from my friend Miranda and her husband James and tightly contained underneath dry ice was 5 containers of Salt & Straw ice cream.   I have never had that, nor is it anywhere near Manteca, but I do know it has no added sugar and they use all natural products.  So the decision was made for me!!


There was a feeding frenzy after dinner that night.  It was scary how fast the kids, my parents, Scott and I tried them all.  It was also a super special gift like pretty much every gift Miranda has given me over the almost 30 years of friendship we have had.  
  

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome gift. And perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking your seed company needs to create a flavor and send it to them LOL LOLO!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Have you tried it? It's right around the corner from her place.

      Delete
  3. Um, I still literally tear up when I think of past gifts you have given me (I keep Hens' bowtie in his top drawer so this happens often). :)

    PS - they put out new flavors each month, so we can make this a thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl we are not making this a thing. We are making it a goal for me to get well fast and get my butt up to see you. Once there we can binge on ice cream, chase Hens, and maybe take a new picture...last one I can find of us is at your wedding, which are fabulous, but we've seen each other tons since then!

      Delete

New Website

Keep up to date at the new website!! www.her2andyou.com Has all the old blog posts and more.  Can't wait for you to check it out.